• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T customers... Are you buying the Nexus One?

FWIW, I'm still with AT&T, for the next 5 months, but I also signed up with T-Mo, as its the only 3G carrier that will work with the n900. I'm currently using the n900 on AT&T with its Edge speeds until my contract ends, and its fine for just email, and browsing forums, VoIP calls. I dont think it will handle streaming a Sling feed, if/when the 900 gets Sling support.

3G coverage is about the same in my area, in the North East, but the big draw is getting a voice and data plan for $40 on T-Mo. AT&T reception was never an issue for me with a Motorola Q, again in the NE, from NC to RI. I'm seeing similar results in the same area on T-Mo, if anyone is considering switching. However I remember reading something about AT&T's lower frequency bands (850) being better for reception, due to better building/wall penetration. Again, I had no issues in older city buildings where people on VZ, with BBerries, did have issues. Or basically people on 2G networks/phones.

Upvote 0
just got the N1 yesterday and it is an awesome phone; i inserted my AT&T SIM and logged in to my gmail account and all my contacts were synced automatically; i didn't have to do anything else; the wifi is awesome, haven't checked out EDGE (will add the data for $10 when my next billing cycle starts on Feb 7); so haven't had the chance to test out the navigation; the call quality is great; i was surprised by the voice-to-text because it actually types what i speak;

one thing i don't like is that the touch screen doesn't seem too responsive; at times, i would have to tap one thing multiple times for it to work; battery life so far is ok, not great; when i got it, it was 100% charged, and i had to charge it in the early evening; but it's a great phone

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1232944&native_or_pdf=pdf

FCC just passed this HTC phone which looks like the Nexus One that supports AT&T 3G.

It's model PB99110 whereas the T-mobile N1 was model PB99100.

Also, this model supports WCDMA II & IV, which AT&T users should recognize by now.

For some reason no one on the interwebs have made this connection yet.

Very interesting and good news. Now the question is, when will it hit the market.

Upvote 0
anyone find it weird that google.com/phone doesnt have att listed? and at the same time, i read on another forum, that there is not yet an fcc filing for the verizon version of nexus one, but it is listed on the website. but i'd believe google.com/phone over speculation about the att version. so could this be the bravo? i know the model numbers above are very close so that is leading people to say it's the nexus one, but it just seems weird that there are inconsistencies

Upvote 0
anyone find it weird that google.com/phone doesnt have att listed? and at the same time, i read on another forum, that there is not yet an fcc filing for the verizon version of nexus one, but it is listed on the website. but i'd believe google.com/phone over speculation about the att version. so could this be the bravo? i know the model numbers above are very close so that is leading people to say it's the nexus one, but it just seems weird that there are inconsistencies

That is a possibility but with the model numbers being so close and leaked photos of the Bravo having a different face (ie buttons

Upvote 0
Bought one yesterday. I'm on AT&T. The only option I have seen for a 3G Android phone is an Acer sold by Rogers. And that equipment did not impress me.

I don't notice any difference reading email or using apps like facebook from 3G to edge. Most of my data usage occurs while on WiFi anyway.

All that said, this is a fantastic phone. After 30 seconds with it in his hands my 14 year old son was ready to toss the iPhone. My 12 year old daughter has already made the switch to Android (Behold II). Watch out Apple, Android is not just for geeks anymore.

Honestly, Google's load of Android 2.1 combined with this blazing fast piece of hardware is the best phone experience I have ever had.

Rick Culleton
DiscountElectronics.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones