• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Data Fees Going UP: As Expected

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
Its been announced that AT&T will officially increase data rates starting Sunday 1/22/2012
I am betting this is part of recooperating monies paid to Tmo for the failed deal.

Positives:
1. With the up to 33% rate hike (depending on your plan), there will be an increase in GB allotment.. example: 2GB will now be 3GB.

2. Still a better deal than Verizon (but for how long?)

3. Existing customers will not be effected with the rate hike going into effect 1/22/2012.

Note:
This string is about customers digesting recoop fees from the tmo failed deal. This string is "not" referring to day to day business practices and functions due to "inflaton" AT&T is NOT hurting. If you wish to take this discussion on a tangent, please start another topic.

Click Here: AT&T Rate HIKE

"Yo fees going up!
Sunday 01/22/2012"
"..Becawse i say so!.."
toomuchmarg.png

Ma Bell has Spoken
So Let It Be Written!

Why the hell would anyone pay those BS fees, I don't know.

I love my $10 for unlimited plan with Sprint.

Because some of us would rather pay for usable data instead of having unlimited data thats worthless.

Been a print customer a long time. in the past 8 months I am doing good to get speeds in the 300kbps range. Most of the time I average 100-200kbps.
During heavy traffic I can be as low as 50kbps. Can't even stream pandora or slacker due to buffering.

And its not a tower down. Sprint techs have investegated and all they can say is wait until network vision....

So after years on sprint. Looks like I might be moving to at&t (due to mobile to mobile).

Whats sad is that with the way sprint and st&t do company discounts. Getting 3gb data on 2 phones and 5 on mine (I average about 4 a month). AT&T will cost me about $5 more a month.

Upvote 0
I am still hanging onto my unlimited with aT&T.. I admit its expensive as far as a 3 line account goes but we use our cellular more than our home phone. Plus. my at&t service has been really great over the last two years! Great call quality..and my data is not slow. I used to balk at the claim of "surfinig while talking" as "what good is that?"

Over the last year or so, I found myself "Surfing" while on conference calls or oher calls when i can "multitask"... Totally comes in handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones