• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T data plan

mazzabl

Dec 15, 2009
i recently just ditched my iphone 3gs in favor of the nexus one with at&t 3g. my concern is, i logged into my at&t account online and at&t does not recognize the n1, which i figured it wouldnt, instead it has my phone listed as some non-smartphone, however my monthly plan remained the same and still has me listed under the iphone data plan with no option to change to a universal smartphone plan..i realize the iphone data plan and the universal smartphone plan are both $30/mo, however i would just like to make sure i wont be charged data usage per kb used, since im not actually using an iphone anymore. has anyone else coming from an iphone noticed this? was anyone else able to select a universal unlimited smartphone plan?

i recently just ditched my iphone 3gs in favor of the nexus one with at&t 3g. my concern is, i logged into my at&t account online and at&t does not recognize the n1, which i figured it wouldnt, instead it has my phone listed as some non-smartphone, however my monthly plan remained the same and still has me listed under the iphone data plan with no option to change to a universal smartphone plan..i realize the iphone data plan and the universal smartphone plan are both $30/mo, however i would just like to make sure i wont be charged data usage per kb used, since im not actually using an iphone anymore. has anyone else coming from an iphone noticed this? was anyone else able to select a universal unlimited smartphone plan?
i don't have an iphone, but you should be ok. at&t will at some point recognize your phone as a smartphone. if you're on the $30/iphone data plan you you're good to go. of course, you should confirm with at&t Customer Service. i was on the $10 unlimited dumbphone data plan and after 3 weeks of using my T-Mo N1 on at&t, i got a txt message indicating i was being upgraded to the $30/unlimited smartphone plan. i hope you enjoy your android phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones