1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

[AT&T] Dev RUU on AT&T variant?

Last Updated:

1. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

More of a Scotty question but I am curious...

Anyone know if the dev RUU will work or do we need S-OFF for that too?

Advertisement
  2. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member

scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

loyal,youll need s off and either supercid or developer cid to run the developer ruu. it should work fine on your att device :cool:
  4. LoyalServant

Yeah I might give it a go.
    I can change over to the developer cid.

I wonder... If I used the dev ruu would I be able to get their otas normally and stuff?
    Would I essentially have a dev edition?
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

yes,you would essentially have a developer edition,the hardware to my understanding is identicle.

you would always be able to run released RUUs,but recieving dev edition OTAs would depend upon the model number(product number)

i dont happen to have a dev edition getvar all,so im not 100% sure. if the model number happens to be the same as the att(712000) then id imagine OTAs would occure without a hitch if you stayed stock and kept the stock recovery.

i found on my one s,that the t mobile product number kept the unbranded europen software from OTAing. it would check,find update,and download OTAPkg,but fail when it tried to install.
    clsA likes this.
  6. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member

Saw This I think it clears things up

7. LoyalServant

I actually figured that out when I was looking at a decompiled framework.
    There are quite a few icon packs in the framework that you can enable with little effort.
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member

I was actually pointing out the fact that he installed the developer RUU and did the OTA update on an AT&T model by only changing the CID in Fastboot ... the icons were just a side effect.

scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

awsome! great info clsA :smokingsomb:
    clsA likes this.