At&t disappoints again

Last Updated:

1. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure all who read/heard about the Motorola Backflip, but most of us knew that Yahoo was going to be the main search engine for the phone, well apparently At&t has closed off the ability to install non-market content, making customers go through a bunch of ropes to get anything --- So sad about this, I have plenty of friends on At&t that were so excited about getting Android, and unfortunately with this information most are reluctant to purchase now - which I totally agree with, just too bad they are stuck in contract. Read more here

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Annnnd this, kids, is why you buy your phones unlocked.

3. mobil3gen

cheers to that!

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i think att is gonna sell a good amount of those phones anyway . there are alot out there that dont do research and buy blindly

5. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind that a lot of people just don't care about this. They're looking for a good solid device that's functional and let's them enjoy the experience that Android can provide. They don't know - or even care - that there are apps outside of the market.

Myself, I wouldn't want one as I'm a phone geek - my DROID makes me happy. But the Backflip is perfect for someone like my wife who just wants to text, place calls, go on Facebook once in a while and play some games on her phone.

6. mobil3gen

Good point, I suppose if your just a beginner in the android world, the phone might be a good choice. I just wonder how the phone operates with all the extra stuff

7. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Im sure backflip is similar to cliq but with some added features, does it come with 2.1 os??

8. mobil3gen

No - it comes with 1.5, but motorola said that it would support a 2.0 upgrade

9. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I don't like how AT&T likes to do this exclusivity crap. Like the iPhone, and now they're doing the same thing with an Android device! I don't like their business sense and they would be my last choice of carriers because of it.

10. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

At&t's not the only carrier with exclusives. You'd run out of carriers to choose from if you only used those without exclusives.

So it's all moot anyway? :confused: