AT&T Early Upgrade Price Increase

Last Updated:

1. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. cabsnow

cabsnow Member

what a joke.... i really hate AT&T sometimes.

3. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member

I just switched from T-mobile to AT&T. I gave up service for quality. T-mobile was quick to fix any issue I had, and most of the time in the stores. When I needed something for the phone just about any Tmo store had what i needed. The down side..before 3G I had no problems with calls at all. When they put in 3g call quality dropped, along with the average number of bars. Now they have HSPA + (( tested to be the fast data currently)) and I cannot get a signal in my house, yet i am about 1/2 mile away from the tower.

With ATT if you want anything assistance, accessories, or upgrade (( which my GF just did)) your only real option is going to the website. The stores do not carry much of anything in stock and the sales reps know little about the phone. However, I have never dropped below 3 bars, and have yet to of found a dead zone.

4. kak

kak Member

They're just following Verizon. Verizon's early termination fees are ridiculous. Look to see AT&T's policy changed soon.

5. tqlla

tqlla Well-Known Member

This isnt an ETF. The ETF is $325 minus $10 per month.
    This is a fee you pay to upgrade your phone before your contract expires.

If you want a new smartphone in 12 months... you will have to pay the cost of the smartphone+$200.(a $200 phone will cost your $400, and extend you for 2 more years.)

The Savy buyer will see that their ETF is only $200 after 12 month, and jump ship for the same cost. Why stay with ATT if they dont value you as a customer?

6. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

So... now, 200$ for an early upgrade + cost of phone 200$ + 25$ a month for (limited) internet.

So.. at 400$ for an early upgrade.. why not pay 100$ more and pay full price for the iphone 4/ samsung captivate (or other high end smartphone).

then your not locked into contract..

24 * 25 = 600

600 + 200 + 200 = 1,000$..

You know.. why are WE charged an early termination fee?..

Seems like we should get money back for canceling service with how much we pay.

Believe it or not I view this as a good thing.

Eventually people are going to get sick enough of it they drop service.

Enough people start doing it and bam, at&t has to actually try again.