AT&T Exchange

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well my phone has been overheating a lot, and I am planning to return this. Does anybody know how this works? Like do I have to pay a fee? Or do I get a refurbished phone or what?

Advertisement
  2. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

If it has been within ur 30 days take it back to the store and they will exchange it for a brand new. If they try and pull the send it back Samsung for warrenty repair throw a fit. LOL If it is within the 30 days there is NO fee at all.

3. Surfer

Okay cool! I am just worried, what if I get a phone that is even MORE defective, i.e it randomly shuts off etc. Then do I have to pay a restocking fee if that happeened? That is the only thing preventing me from doing that!

4. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as warranty repair

if its before the 30 days, they will switch it out

if its after the 30 days, call 18003310500 - enter your phone number - hit 0 twice to get to an operator, have them transfer you to warranty and then hav them over night you a new one

5. Surfer

But I am guessing I can only exchange it withing 30 days once?

6. Joe777G

Joe777G Member

You can exchange in the store the first 30 days then exchange by mail for the next 11 months. It has a 1 year manufactures warranty.

1-800-801-1101 thats the number for insurance claims and warranty exchanges over 30 days, but before 1 year. Warranty exchanges never cost you.

But yes in the first 30 days it is a one time exchange in store. If you had you to you could do an exchange by mail on day 31.

7. Surfer

Okay thanks everyone! I think I am going to get a new captivate tomorrow... I just feel kinda bad because I invested about 20$ in body covers. Also, can I get all my paid apps again?