[AT&T] Failed 4.3 update on rooted S4

1. chrisnciss

chrisnciss New Member

I purchased an S4 (i337 MF3) some time ago. I rooted it before researching and finding out that the bootloader could not be unlocked. When 4.3 became available from AT&T, it automatically downloaded and when I rebooted, the update failed. I unrooted, reset to factory a couple times and still unable to successfully update. Reading through forums, I realized that maybe my device is in some "limbo" root state since rebooting still displays "custom" with the unlocked padlock.

My concern isn't necessarily getting 4.3 released from AT&T (I've heard of a lot of issues), but rather running into the same problems when 4.4 finally rolls out to the S4.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I think samsungs version of 4.3 put the nasty bootloader in place and that their 4.4 update wont make any difference but thats a guess tbh :thumbup:
    chrisnciss likes this.
  3. chrisnciss

chrisnciss New Member

So do u mean you're best guess is that I'll be able to 4.4 when it's released?

This has been very frustrating. I haven't been able to find a method to revert back to where the phone was before the custom screen.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Merged and moved to the S4 AT&T All Things Root section where you will get the best answers.:)
    chrisnciss likes this.