AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 Root Recovery Mode?

1. Bchmy

Bchmy Member

Hello, I'm new to the site and just got an S4. I have rooted it on 4.3 (MK2) and was wondering how to get recovery mode for custom roms. I've tried TWRP and CWM without success. Is there any way to get a recovery mode for I337 on 4.3?

Advertisement
  2. snaprp

snaprp New Member

Dude, I`m on the same page. Did you find recovery that is working somewhere?
  3. chevyman00069

chevyman00069 New Member

I've got the Galaxy S4 I337 also and haven't found a safe and reliable procedure to ROOT S4 which one and where did you locate the process to ROOT it at
  4. chevyman00069

chevyman00069 New Member

And I'm on AT&T running the MK2 update version also if u could help me out with some help and info I would great all remit a lot and THANKS in Advance.
  5. snaprp

snaprp New Member

6. Bchmy

Bchmy Member

That's the same situation I'm in
  7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure you cannot install a standard aftermarket recovery like TWRP or CWM on the last 2 versions of the att galaxy s4. You can look into safestrap recovery, which I believe lets you install touchwiz based ROMs, but not AOSP based ROMs. I'm not 100% sure on that though because I luckily installed a custom recovery before it was removed
  8. kctalk

kctalk Member

I used kingo android root..took like 5 minutes easiest root ever....4.3 mk2
  9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have moved this thread to the AT&T S4 root forum. Hope this helps :)

Also @kctalk, have you read up on what kingo is doing? Apparently it is stealing some information from your after you root and constantly doing it :S
  10. cameron65

cameron65 New Member

I tried following these directions and it didn't do anything for me. I checked root access using Root Checker and came back negative. My phone:
    GS4
    Android 4.3
    Baseband i337UCUEMK2
    Kernal 3.4.0-1921628

Should the above work on my phone? I'm simply trying to get root so I can use appradio unchained.
  11. DelphisDoofer

DelphisDoofer New Member

I would use Kingo Android Root.. even worked fine for Android 4.3 (the AT&T MK2 update).

I too would love to learn about a method for installing a custom recovery. I miss nandroid backups.
  12. DSz

DSz New Member

kingoapp dot com worked on my sgh-i337 MK2