• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Galaxy S4 Rooting Issue

since i can't seem to find one available , im gonna upload an odin flashable mk2 so you can return to stock (i think thats what you were wanting to do yes?)
That could be a handy back-to-stock if you can get it. Where would you get it from?
since there is no real clear cut way to root and flash a rom on this.....
Root shouldn’t be a problem. I think what throws a lot of people off is the fact that there are so many old rooting and flashing instructions (for previous S4 firmware versions) floating around. Things have changed so much that those simply won't work anymore. You've just got to find instructions that are applicable to your particular version of the firmware. Take a look at the 2nd post in the thread linked below (the post that starts “If you are currently running the MF3 or MK2 build, this portion of the guide is for you.” ). It gives a good overview of the state of affairs for MK2 and what you need to do to root (“step 2”) and what are your options with Safestrap.
[HOW-TO] The ULTIMATE All-In-One Guide - I337M & MDL - MF3 - MK2 - xda-developers

Reactions: Mr. Lucky
Upvote 0
So can I get an answer to how I fix the lock iocon from showing unlocked when I boot my phone?

My answer: My phone has that ever since I successfuly rooted. I think it's just an indicator to service personnel that the phone has been tampered with.

There may be some way to get rid of it that I don't know of. But for me it's not anything that needs to be fixed.

new link specifically on mk2:
[INDEX] All things AT&T MK2 and ROM list (updated 1.23.14) - xda-developers

That's just for posterity since it goes over what we talked about and a lot more. But I don't need to tell you. I see you have already found it and worked your way through the maze to get back to stock the hard way and then root and flash (congratulations on that). In the last day or so they posted a simpler full Odin back to stock for MK2

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones