• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T GS3 on Straight Talk (T-Mobile)

S_John

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Hello all,

I recently bought an unlocked version of an AT&T GS3 SGH-I747. I am planning on using straight talk for this device on the "t-mobile network". Will I be able to access the T-Mobile 4G/LTE or will I have some stunted version of the network?

SGH-I747 runs on 2100 hz band...same as T-Mobile's new network so I'm hooping so.

Thank you for any input.

Hello all,

I recently bought an unlocked version of an AT&T GS3 SGH-I747. I am planning on using straight talk for this device on the "t-mobile network". Will I be able to access the T-Mobile 4G/LTE or will I have some stunted version of the network?

SGH-I747 runs on 2100 hz band...same as T-Mobile's new network so I'm hooping so.

Thank you for any input.

I'm using Solavei, a T-Mobile MVNO, so that's where I got my info.

If you have the phone in hand, Solavei has a phone compatibility check where you enter the IMEI. This should tell you what you can expect with that phone on the T-Mobile network.

T-Mobile is in the process of refarming their network to be iPhone friendly - adding 1900mhz. This would also make them compatible with other AT&T phones lacking the1700mhz band.

Here is a frequency explanation.
https://support.solavei.com/docs/DOC-1941

I've been very happy with Solavei.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones