• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Help plz

This has happened to me before. Install GApps one more time. It should now be there the next time you bout up your phone.

What I do, is install ROM first, then reboot it back into recovery from the recovery menu itself, and then install GApps. Should install on the first time.

Im using goomanager so would I need to download gapps and save to my sd card? Im new to all this

Upvote 0
Oh your new. OK then.

First you need to find out what Android version you are on; 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.3 etc.

You can find that out in the settings. Once you find that out, go to Goo manager or goo.im and download the appropriate GApps file for your correct firmware. Now put that somewhere on your phone where you keep any ROMs or kernels and stuff off that nature so it's easy to find.

Go into recovery mode, select install/flash zip file, and find the GApps file you downloaded. Flash that and you'll be good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones