Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. joezang

joezang Member

I soft-bricked my rooted S4 and have:

- No recovery
    - USB debugging isn't active
    - no backup

Is there a way to unroot and restore it?

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums joezang! :)

If you can boot into Download Mode then you can flash the stock Samsung firmware for your model of Galaxy S4 as per the instructions and links in #1.5 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?
    Mikestony and joezang like this.
  3. joezang

joezang Member

Thank you for replying, but my phones version is 4.4.2 and is therefore knox enabled, so doesn't that mean that the 4.2.2 firmware won't run on my phone?
  4. ironass

Since you have not mentioned which of the 23 models of S4 you have and which of the, over 1,000, firmwares you are on... I couldn't say.

I'm guessing from your question that you are on one of the S4 minority variants like the SGH-i337 on AT&T.
    Mikestony likes this.
  5. joezang

joezang Member

Ya, sorry I forgot to mention it earlier but I'm running SGH-I337UCUFNC1 on ATT
  6. ironass

Luckily, my ouija board still works! ;)

SGH-I337UCUFNC1, which is AT&T, who release their firmware updates themselves and they are therefore not available through SamMobile.

You could try Googling that firmware and see if it is available for download from some other source. Alternatively, you could make inquiries on the (AT&T) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root section of the forum as they may be able to point you in the right direction.
  7. joezang

joezang Member

Do I just reflash the original firmware on my phone when I find it?
  8. ironass

I do not have that model of phone and unlike the International versions, it may not be as straightforward as that as there is all sorts of goat rope involved on some of the U.S. variants.

I have asked our Mods to move this thread to the All Things Root forum for AT&T as they are best equipped to advise and help you.
  9. joezang

joezang Member

10. joezang

joezang Member

Thanks man
  11. ironass

Mikestony likes this.
  12. joezang

joezang Member

Will keep in mind for future reference, Thanks once again
  13. Mikestony