AT&T - HTC Vivid Android 4.0 ICS Maintenance Release OfficalGeneral

1. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. chall80

chall80 Well-Known Member

3. woodsytattooman

I have no way to access wifi right now.I tried but says no update.Prob won't let me where i done the RUU update.I would love to update to the newest version but how?Hopefully someone will cook up another RUU to do this.The link glitch is really annoying!
  4. chall80

you're probably right...i'm just curious to see if there was any difference at all(i don't think there will be)

If anyone does use the OTA update, i'd be interesting in seeing what version of software comes up in your phone afterwards. Ours is 4.0.3RD or something like that...i'm curious if its the same...
  5. woodsytattooman

I don't think its the same :(
    This software package will update your firmware version to 3.26.502.56710RD
    chall80 likes this.
  6. chall80

try it tomorrow..someone just posted on WCX that its supposed to hit tomorrow...
    woodsytattooman likes this.
  7. chall80

i just checked on HTC site too...eventually it will be posted there. They did the same thing for the inspire...
  8. typerk

typerk Member

Of course this hits the day after I use the RUU that was floating around. I will try to update to see what happens but so far it's saying I'm already up to date.
  9. woodsytattooman

I requested a screenshot over at XDA and here is the newest version.PG's RUU was Android Version 4.0.3 710RD
    Software Number 3.26.502.52

[​IMG]
  10. mac1679

mac1679 Well-Known Member

I just tried to update via wifi. It took me through the steps of updating but said the server was busy. I imagine everyone with a Vivid is trying to update. I plan on trying again a little later. I'll post a screen shot if I get it to work.
  11. chall80

Wc is gona get tnhe ota and if there are any noticeable differences there will be a new build
  12. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

Boy, the servers must be REAL busy. I've been trying manually to update and keep getting "Server Unavailable" all the time. I'll try late tonight and see what happens or I'll just wait till the pop-up appears saying there's an update available.
  13. Calvin35

Calvin35 Well-Known Member

I was able to get the update over wifi at about 7:15 pm west coast time. I my one question is how do you turn off the animations? I can't find it in the settings menu.
  14. woodsytattooman

Only way i have found it is to remove your clock or weather widget from your home screen.Add it back and when you do it will give you the option to disable full screen animations.You can open weather widget settings and also turn off weather sounds.
  15. woodsytattooman

A new RUU 3.26.502.56 was released last night by PG.Now im just trying to figure out how to run this after i ran the 3.26.502.52 RUU.
  16. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

So this is weird. I went to Settings and clicked on Check for Update, and it said my phone was already up to date. So I figured maybe it's not available in my area yet. I went to the AT&T website that was posted to get info, then tried again. Now I get a message that the install was interrupted and I have to wait 23 hrs and 18 min to try again. Huh?
  17. chall80

run the RUU if you don't wanna wait...its the same thing. RUU=Rom Update Utility. THat means that its signed by HTC...an official update...it will wipe the phone though...
  18. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

Can you all stop trying to download the update so that I can get in? ;) j/k
  19. Savvyray

Savvyray Active Member

same here. I tried downloading the RUU on from the link he posted on his website but it kept timing me out and downloading real slow. I tried all night. I need to find another site that has it so that I can do it manually as well. Do you know of any other place that has .56 posted?
  20. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

Custom and ruu are on my site now....
  21. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

Ugh. I'd love to avoid that, if possible. Does updating via the phone wipe it as well?
  22. woodsytattooman

Im pretty sure it does.
    Im going to update to the newest RUU tonight when i get home from work:D
  23. woodsytattooman

I finally got it to download from WildChilds site:eek:
    I imagine the servers are busy today!

Thanks alot for the help and for uploading the RUU for us :rolleyes:
  24. Calvin35

Calvin35 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the update but even though I have plug ins set to always on I am unable to play flash content. When I go to update the adobe flash player in the market it keeps saying it is busy. Any suggestions?
  25. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

No worries....very welcome...im always a constant@releases and files for the masses;)
    We will be releasing a video tutorial for those who are nervous about flashing etc this evening...hopefully this will smooth some folks inhibitions about jumping into this whole procedure

WC