• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] kit kat 4.4

No vid man. Are you rooted and do u have a custom recovery? If so make a backup of your ROM your on then download this ROM and boot to recovery then factory reset. Then flash it in recovery and reboot. Be sure to click the att version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44111222

If you want a gapps package which u Dont really need. Find the 4.4 pa gapps

Upvote 0
That's not bricked man. Pull the battery and turn your phone back on. That is the stock recovery. And if you tried to flash it wouldnt do it through that...

You gotta ask questions if your unsure.. If your rooted and don't have a custom recovery you cannot flash a ROM. which software release your on will determine what you need to do if u would like a custom ROM. Hope you didn't do any otas.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=800164

Seen your other thread. Well bud your on mf3 with a locked boot loader. Which means you cannot get a custom recovery. But hashcode over at xda has made something called safestrap that will allow you to install Roms.

Google is your friend. Look into it. And ask questions when unsure. But also read instructions on things or you will brick your device one day. And please get familiar with xda att s4 threads. There is literally no useful information for the s4 on android forums. Hmm maybe I'll put out the time to fix that like I did for the s2

Reactions: koupe88
Upvote 0
That's not bricked man. Pull the battery and turn your phone back on. That is the stock recovery. And if you tried to flash it wouldnt do it through that...

You gotta ask questions if your unsure.. If your rooted and don't have a custom recovery you cannot flash a ROM. which software release your on will determine what you need to do if u would like a custom ROM. Hope you didn't do any otas.
Screenshot_2013-12-14-23-44-34.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot_2013-11-26-21-39-06.png
[/URL][/IMG]
rooted

Upvote 0
well if its all software how can i be rid of the whole mofo opps mf3 and yea i went to the page you pointed me to um yea its a cluster truck to me im realy realy a noob to this i can build anything but software no not so much so im asking how can i up my device to kitkat 4.4 or better remove unneeded bloatware and get my moble hotspot up n running please

Upvote 0
well if its all software how can i be rid of the whole mofo opps mf3 and yea i went to the page you pointed me to um yea its a cluster truck to me im realy realy a noob to this i can build anything but software no not so much so im asking how can i up my device to kitkat 4.4 or better remove unneeded bloatware and get my moble hotspot up n running please

Well since your on mf3 your bootloader is locked. Meaning you cannot put a custom recovery on the phone. No cwm and no twrp. Safestrap is your only option to put a custom ROM on the phone. But safe strap is limited to which ROMs it can use. Anything cm based is a no go. Most stock based ROMs will work but they only go up to 4.3 which I really didn't like. Google edition ROMs I think are compatible with safestrap but I or you would have to ask someone who knows to confirm. And they are on 4.4. 4.4 is sooo nice so I Dont blame u for really wanting it.

BC I am not on a locked boot loader I have never had to look into the INS and outs of safestrap and all that. But I'll get back to you

Reactions: koupe88
Upvote 0
I tried to flash a custom recovery onto my phone... but now is stuck in download mode and cant proceed to stock recovery. My phone is a SGH-I337 AT&T unlocked (MK2)... i tried ODIN to flash my stock recovery, but no luck. I keep getting "fail".. nevertheless i can flash Hyperdrive through safestrap...

A GS4 with MK2 has a locked bootloader. As of now, you can only use the Safestrap recovery and flash Touchwiz 4.3 and 4.4 based ROMS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones