AT&T KitKat Update has ruined my Note 3. Can I go back to Jellybean?Support

1. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

Ever since the update more than a week ago...

* Battery life is atrocious.

* GPS not working properly on some software

* Tethering not keeping active

I figure I could do a factory reset and go back to the version of Jellybean that came initially with the phone when it was released a year ago...correct?

I have an app that will back everything up so I am not too concerned about having to restore my entire apps/widgets upon reverting.

I just want to make certain that I can go back to Jellybean. Of course, I probably won't be able to get the Jellybean updates that came prior to KitKat.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

upgrading to kitkat.. it has replaced your devices OS. so jellybean is gone.
    resetting will wipe your data/apps. and then boot up in kitkat.

which is not a bad idea. this might help.
    but don't load any backups or apps. let it run like this for a few days. see if it helps or not.
    then only load in a few apps at a time.. load fresh from the playstore.
    see if you can find the app that has a conflict with kitkat.
    maybe one of the apps have a bad setting for kitkat.. and it needs to be updated too.
  3. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

Dan,

Thanks for the warning on wiping device only to get KitKat back.
  4. Lateck

Lateck Well-Known Member

I too had issues with Kit-Kat a week after it installed. Found out it was some apps that wrote to the SD card. (K-K changed the permissions & security). So I had to do a hard re-set.... Pain in the rear...... But, it has solved my problems. And as Dan said: No Jelly Bean.
    I now have to wait till the apps up-date themselves for use with K-K to be fully back to where I started. (The apps were security ones the hid files).
    Good Luck,
    Lateck
    dan330 likes this.