[AT&T] More Clueless Questions

Last Updated:

1. RicKaysen

RicKaysen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was only successful at rooting a phone once years ago and haven't needed to do it since. I have only one need to root my One and that's to enable the tethering that AT&T is blocking. I have no desire to change my phone in any other way. If there's a way to tether without rooting, I'd love to hear it, but nothing I've tried so far works. I would even settle for a USB tether. If I take the leap of faith and root, I want to be absolutely sure that tethering will then work. If it doesn't, it would be wasted time and effort. Advice appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

The phone has built in tethering apps that work 100% with ATT out the box and depending on your plan this is 100% free. Otherwise USB tethering works too, stock.

3. RicKaysen

RicKaysen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Are you talking about the HTC One? Because, I've tried everything to tether this phone without success. The Nexus 5 I bought recently does have tethering capability right out of the box, but not the One that I'm aware of.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

call att and ask them,as was said,your plan may just be blocking the tethering. there are apps that work for "illegal" tethering if you are rooted,but i can only tell you that there some out there that work,i cannot help you to find them.

good luck :)