1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[AT&T] Need advice on Rooting Galaxy S4

1. I am new to rooting and I did a lot of reading. And I still have many questions.

I have a Galaxy S4 (Not sure if it's a S 4G) which can receive 4G network. I do know it's a SGH-1337M Version 4.4.2 and my service provider is Telus. I can't seem to find the proper one download. I notice you have to download the proper program for your phone. The last thing I don't want to do is download the wrong one.

And I there is any other info or advice for me, it would be muchy appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    jsned likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Peter, I've moved your thread to the AT&T Root area. :)

I believe your variant is very similar to the AT&T model, so the guys here should be best placed to help you out.
    PeterMacDonald and ironass like this.
  3. Help please.
  4. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

5. Hi. Thanks for the info. I hope this works with my version.

I337MVLUFNC1
  6. SolApathy

I added a second link to my post #4 that specifically mentions that exact model, though both guides will work. :)
    PeterMacDonald and EarlyMon like this.
  7. So before I even start, should I download a copy of original firmware or/and other stuff that might save my ass, lol. And thanks again.
  8. SolApathy

You can always download it to your computer for easy access. Please keep in mind that you root at your own risk. We will help you with whatever we can, but always like to warn users before they proceed with rooting
  9. tonylc74

tonylc74 Well-Known Member

Use towel root for any Samsung if rooting,