AT&T now or wait for Verizon???

Last Updated:

1. BrownMan

BrownMan Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I am on AT&T now and live in CT not far from NYC and have great service on both networks. I think AT&T may even be faster. I was gonna switch to VZW and get the N1 on the 23rd but of course VZW let us down. So do i pay $530 and get it now or wait........god knows how long, pay $179 plus activation fee and another $110 to cancel my AT&T service now????

It would be nice to have the VZW coverage for road trips, but AT&T may be getting better this year also as far as coverage goes.

What would you do???

Advertisement
  2. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

I live in eastern Mass where ATT is just fine. I got the N1 last week and its a great phone. I was using the 3gs. I would go with ATT, if you travel up to VT, NH ATT coverage is spotty and 3g is hard to fine unless you are at a ski resort that has a 3g tower like Smugglers Notch.

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

To each his own, but I do a lot of traveling out in the boonies and VZW RARELY lets me down. I cannot count the number of times my wife's iPhone 3Gs was either on Edge or had no service and my Storm had 3 or 4 bars at 3G.

Now couple that level of connection with a phone like the N1... THAT's what I've been waiting for!

4. mindfrost82

mindfrost82 Member

As for coverage, Verizon has a much larger 3G footprint, but Edge is alright if you're in areas without it, especially if you have WiFi available.

The iPhone is known to be one of the worst for RF. So far my N1 has had pretty good reception...not the best but not the worst either.

If reception is good for both in your area, make sure you check where you travel to also. I've been happy with At&t for the past 2 years that I've had them.