AT&T Pushes Update to i717 (GN LTE)Support

Last Updated:

1. bmclachlan

bmclachlan Active Member

on March 15 at about 9 PM EDT AT&T pushed an update to my phone over the air (not involving Kies). The initial message stated that I must remain within wi-fi coverage for this update to complete successfully.

After about 20 minutes of downloading a 36 MB file and installing it I was puzzled as to what this was. I still can't determine what happened as the OS still reports 4.0.4, kernel version 3.0.8, build number IMM760.UCMB4.

Anyone have a clue?

Bill

Advertisement
  2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Although I am not that familiar with your device, since your android version stayed the same, I am guessing the update was probably just security fixes or optimizations for your device.
  3. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Wrong forum - the i717 is a completely different beast to the GT-N7000.
  4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Oh? What's the name for the i717 then? I can move it to the correct forum
  5. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE - Android Forums

The GT-N7000 doesn't have 4G or NFC, which the i717 LTE does, and the N7000 has a physical home button, whereas the i717 doesn't. The motherboard is completely different too, with a different CPU. I understand that you can't even use an N7000 case on an i717 or vice-versa. But yes, superficially they do look similar.
  6. R0ck3y

R0ck3y New Member

Unfortunately it was just a baseband update to i717ucmb4 i was looking for the jellybean update
  7. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

Initially thought it was jelly bean as well, sigh, so disappointed :(