[AT&T] ROOTING GALAXY s4 sgh - I337 4.4.2 HELP

Last Updated:

1. mana0216

mana0216 New Member

I tried about 5 different options to root my 4s 4.4.2 nothings works, everything either goes to fail on odin to non permission on terminal roots. Can some please point me in the right direction or at least what my options are?? Any help would be much appreciated. i337ucufnb1 is my firmware

Advertisement
  2. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

kevp75 likes this.
  3. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I found this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsO5o_-CI8

I'm on v4.3 and am looking into trying this. I have no desire to go custom ROM this time 'round and just want the ability to delete all the bloatware crap that's taking up space and getting in the way of daily functionality. I also don't want to reset/lose any of my data as it's currently comprised. I need to research this process a little bit more but he does say it works for 4.4.2 so maybe check into it?
  4. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

If you're on 4.3, you're better off staying rooted in 4.3 till a verified for four 4.4.2 is out. I wouldn't use YouTube as a reference point for a currently unrootable device.. Xda is a better and more reliable reference source
    kevp75 likes this.
  5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I actually found a thread on XDA that was simply to root I install Safestrap so I'm all set now. Thanks.
    kevp75 likes this.
  6. mookdroid

mookdroid New Member

This is good news because I have the same configuration...could you point me to the thread that helped you? Many thanks.