• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] S-OFF Has Arrived

clsA

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2013
FLA. USA
We want to give you S-OFF as soon as practically possible so an early access preview release is not a polished product but it does work (mostly). It will:-

* require knowledge of common android tools like adb and/or fastboot
* be a command line tool
* be rough around the edges
* probably crash sometimes
* fail to work everytime or in all cases or on different carrier ROMs - LET US KNOW if you get repeated failure on carrier variants.
* certainly not look pretty.
* despite being "early access" be very unlikely to brick your device (but naturally, this is possible, it's still a hack).
* give you a very good chance of getting S-OFF. Today. Right now.

It Works!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Reactions: scotty85
Good deal.

I take that back,... it did work on one of them after about 15 (literally) tries.

NICE.
imag0052io.jpg

Upvote 0
i was going to start a new thread,but since youy beat me to the punch ill just add this on here :D

moonshine has been released:
moonshine xda thread
direct link:
http://moonshine.io/

and also a well known team has released what they are calling a developer early access edition:
revolutionary

i tried revolutionarys method partially becasue it used more commands and was slightly less automated,partially becasue it didnt require linux,and mostly becasue moonshine doesnt list a download for t mobile us yet.

worked like a charm on my first try,casueing much giddy schoolgirl type giggling :D

heres what it looks like,if anyone has the notion to try it:
Code:
c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR="Red"]adb push revone /data/local/tmp/[/COLOR]
3272 KB/s (646704 bytes in 0.193s)

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR="red"]adb shell[/COLOR]
shell@android:/ $ [COLOR="red"]cd /data/local/tmp[/COLOR]
cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ [COLOR="red"]chmod 755 revone[/COLOR]
chmod 755 revone
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ [COLOR="red"]su[/COLOR]
su
root@android:/data/local/tmp # [COLOR="red"]./revone -P[/COLOR]
./revone -P
revone successful - please reboot to continue.
root@android:/data/local/tmp #

[COLOR="Blue"]*physically reboot phone(dont use adb reboot)[/COLOR]

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR="Red"]adb shell[/COLOR]
shell@android:/ $ [COLOR="red"]cd /data/local/tmp[/COLOR]
cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ [COLOR="red"]su[/COLOR]
su
root@android:/data/local/tmp # [COLOR="red"]./revone -s 0 -u[/COLOR]
./revone -s 0 -u
revone successful.
root@android:/data/local/tmp # [COLOR="red"]exit[/COLOR]
exit
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ [COLOR="red"]exit[/COLOR]
exit

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR="red"]adb reboot bootloader[/COLOR]

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR="red"]fastboot getvar all[/COLOR]
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.15
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.27.531.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HTxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4107mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off [COLOR="Blue"]<-hooray![/COLOR]
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-60fafa5b0be2807a0ad050f62f94e0010
getvar:all FAILED (unknown status code)
finished. total time: 0.087s

Upvote 0
be careful with superCID. there were reports of bricks with ville and evita supercid devices when folks attempted to OTA.

having said that,i generally keep superCID because i get a kick out of running different carrier/regional RUUs. im just pretty careful with NOT allowing OTAs.

if youre not crazy like me,and intend to flash alot of RUUs,its prolly better to stay on your carriers or developer edition newest firmware(hboot,radio,etc) with matching cid,and then just change custom roms in recovery. :)

Upvote 0
be careful with superCID. there were reports of bricks with ville and evita supercid devices when folks attempted to OTA.

having said that,i generally keep superCID because i get a kick out of running different carrier/regional RUUs. im just pretty careful with NOT allowing OTAs.

if youre not crazy like me,and intend to flash alot of RUUs,its prolly better to stay on your carriers or developer edition newest firmware(hboot,radio,etc) with matching cid,and then just change custom roms in recovery. :)

Thanks, I put it back to Stock CWS__001 for now
I can always change it if needed

Upvote 0
Is there any real benefit to changing my CID? I don't really plan on using RUU's from other countries... etc. I always flash custom ROMs in ZIP format with a custom recovery anyway.

I did S-Off and Un-Tampered my device.

Supercid is not needed for recovery rom flashing. Changing cid seems to be somewhat the rage these days,but for a situation like you described there is no benefit whatsoever.

I could go a step further and say it could potentially prove fatal to change cid if an ota sneeks by. The situation wasn't completely understood,but there were some evita bricks wen folks with supercid tried to accept otas :eek:

Upvote 0
Is there any real benefit to changing my CID? I don't really plan on using RUU's from other countries... etc. I always flash custom ROMs in ZIP format with a custom recovery anyway.

I did S-Off and Un-Tampered my device.

I have Changed/left mine at BS_US001 for the international icons
( I hate the AT&T 4G icons)

And getting an OTA update is pretty well impossible without stock recovery (I'm not worried)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones