• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T S4, Screen lifting from bezel

n7plus1

Sep 20, 2011
York, PA
Anyone ever see this? I have contacted Samsung and they want me to send the phone in for a technician to look at and repair...yeah...like thats fair. They should at least do a cross-shipment with me. sheesh. It started around the power button and quickly spread to the entire right side of the bezel:

20140429_083033.jpg

They're probably not going to replace the phone, they're probably just going to lift the screen off (it's not difficult once you've done dozens of them, and you have equipment that heats the entire screen evenly to just the right temperature quickly) and reglue it. They may not even do a reset, although I'd still make sure everything is backed up.

Upvote 0
Have you left your phone in any really hot places? In your car? On the dash? On the asphalt? Can't imagine how that could happen without a lot of heat on it...

I think so, maybe your phone was put in high temperature or something. Without a lot of heat, the screen will not lift itself. I Guess Samsung will give you many excuse saying it is your own damages, and will charge your extra $. Wish you a good luck.

Upvote 0
They're probably not going to replace the phone, they're probably just going to lift the screen off (it's not difficult once you've done dozens of them, and you have equipment that heats the entire screen evenly to just the right temperature quickly) and reglue it. They may not even do a reset, although I'd still make sure everything is backed up.

Im not going to send it in to them. I use my phone not only for personal phone but also for work. I cant not have a phone.

Have you left your phone in any really hot places? In your car? On the dash? On the asphalt? Can't imagine how that could happen without a lot of heat on it...

Nope, the phone has never been left in a super hot area. I take very good care of my things.

I think so, maybe your phone was put in high temperature or something. Without a lot of heat, the screen will not lift itself. I Guess Samsung will give you many excuse saying it is your own damages, and will charge your extra $. Wish you a good luck.

yeah...the phone has been treated as such...a $600 device. Its been dropped a number of times at home, carpet or hardwood but Ive always had a case on it. In fact, i bought a case before i even bought the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones