AT&T Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket keeps restarting

Last Updated:

1. memo90061

memo90061 Member

Hello. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Craigslist and it was fine. I rooted and unlocked the phone, and it was fine. I didn't notice anything wrong with cellphone. I was listening to music with the headphones, and found the volume to be low compared to the iPhone 4. I looked into Voodoo Control and Volume+. This was last night, and this morning the phone restarted by itself. It did it again 3 hours later, and it did it right now.

I already searched online, and I've read I have to download stock rom. I downloaded a 300mb file from, and it's the one for my cellphone. Would I just open that with odin in PDA? I'm new to Android, so I don't know much about it. I also read I can't do this because in custom rom it says one, and it's supposed to say no? I read something about a jig, but I'm confused about that. I've been thinking of unrooting the phone. If I unroot would it still be unlocked? Sorry for all the noob questions. I hope I can get some help.

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I want to confirm that you have a SGH-i777 which is the model number for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S2, not the SGH-i727 which is the Skyrocket. It's close but a different phone. If you have the i727 I can move this thread to the right forum.
  3. sulli064

sulli064 Member

I am having the same problem with my I777 on AT&T. I tried to root it using Entropy512s method so that I could change the keystr and mps_code files thinking that might have been the problem. But that didn't fix it. I now have no Wifi access or 4G, and I'm trying to reinstall the stock rom. It took me from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4 with the root and changed me from uckk6 to uckh7. Not sure what I should be changing back or how now. Currently backing everything up with titanium backup now before doing anything else.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you've taken it back to stock, you won't have root any more and TB won't be able to back up your phone. In any case, you might want to check to see if you have apps set to auto-update. We have see a lot of folks thinking their phone is rebooting randomly when in fact it's a reboot from an app update (or more likely a combination of updates).