AT&T SGH-I777 Galaxy S2 with Straight Talk Sim Firmware issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. UAHMCrafty

UAHMCrafty New Member

sooooo....i have a SGH-I777 AT&T samsung Galaxy S2 with a straight talk sim card. and i was using kies on an old computer (pc xpsp3) and when it went to update the firmware to ICS it stayed stuck on 0% foreverrrrrr. now my phone has the yellow triangle on it n its stuck sayng firmware upgrade encountered an issue. I went to do emergency recover in kies and it went thru the same process and got stuck on 0% again in the recovery......any ideas? i have a Mac at home using OSX Lion 10.7.5 but i cant get it to recognize my device either. what should i do to get my phone back to the way it was or get ICS on it.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

To get your Mac to recognize your device you would need to download the USB drivers for it...which I think it should be available for Mac. I am not positive though.

I am also moving this thread into the S2 AT&T forum to get some better assistance.
  3. LoafPincher

LoafPincher Well-Known Member

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums!

If your intention is to get your phone updated and you can get it into download mode, I'd probably try and go directly to a JB rom. I have the SuperNexus ROM on mine and it works very well indeed.

On a Mac, you'll need to use different tools. This might give you an idea of the process.

FlyingPigL and dragula2012 like this.