AT&T Shows the Captivate Some Love.

Last Updated:

1. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SO i was watching Mythbusters last night on TV. In the two hours of watching I saw AT&T commercials every break. One of them was one of those situational commercials.

"say youre out with your friends and you need to find the closest movie theatre" it showed a girl using google voice to find the theatre, then using the fandango app to buy tickets. She took some pictures, up loaded them to FB and did some other things, and no, it wasnt an iPhone, it was a captivate. I saw this commercial 3 or 4 times that night.

The other commercial I saw was one of their "rethink possible" (or some slogan like that) ones. It showed a hand tapping around on a screen of a captivate seemlessly activating apps, maps, and showing off other features. There where a few other phones in the comercial, the torch i think, then at the end it showed like 3 or 4 people standing there holding out their phones. The Capt. was one, i think there was a torch, and a few others, but I dont seem to recall seing an iPhone in that commercial?! As the matter of fact, I dont recall seing a whole lot of iPhone commercials these days. (Granted, I dont watch a lot of TV, but when I do, I dont see many for the iPhone)

I know this is just stupid, useless information, but I found it mildly interesting after hearing/reading so many people talk about ATT pushing the iPhone and such and the Capt. gets no love... (So to some, that must mean the captivate sucks and At&T secretly knows it.. blabla bla.)

Advertisement
  2. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

I do not think iPhones need commercials to sell.
    And only ads for the Captivate I saw were Samsung ads.

3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

There's that data plan for cheaper commercial by AT&T that talks about their 15$ for 200 MB and 25$ for 2 GB (what I have), it shows people checking stuff online always starting off the sentence with "it says... (enter the rest). I think the phone everyone was using was a Captivate.

4. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh yea,i remember seing that one too.

5. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Just saw an ATT commercial with the Captivate featured last night.

It's good to see. :)

6. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

if these ads are coming from ATT i am worried iPhone exclusivity is nearing its end.
    on the bright side, that means some iP4 lovers will jump ship and we will end up with better and more available 3G for the real "smart"phones.

7. plummy

plummy Active Member

didn't the previous iphone ads all come from apple anyway? off the top of my head, i can't recall any actual at&t ads for the iphone, just a little snippet at the end saying "exclusively on at&t" but they were all apple ads.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this to happen. I'm still sticking with ATT and the Captivate. But it should open up new doors for new android devices. Maybe one day we'll see Motorola jump to att

9. sirlanceem

sirlanceem Member

yup yup... lol there are so many people that i have heard / seen !@#$% about AT&T's service that only are with AT&T for the iphone... and so many of them are leaving the second it leaves... so that will mean much better things for us :)

10. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

No kidding, I can't wait for the iPhone to go to another carrier in addition to AT&T. I was even looking forward to it when I used an iPhone. All I could think of is that with so many people jumping ship, my connection will rock.

11. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that 50% of iphone users would switch to verizon if it got the iphone. That would be good for those that stay with ATT.

12. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

All that iPhone commercials would do at this point would be grow the waiting list from 4-6 weeks to 4-6 months. What's the point.

Let the sheep take a number and get in line. Bring on the Captivate commercials and shake up peoples' perception that the iPhone is the pinnacle and end-all of smartphone tech.