At&t stuck on 4.1.2Support

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Hey everyone!

So my co-worker here has the AT&T HTC One. He is in the IT department with me (so he has no excuse :D) and knows zero about updating his phone.

As I was installing KitKat on my OneMax I asked him about his OS version. We discovered he was on 4.1.2 and is unable to pull any updates from phone. He did some preliminary searching and discovered this was a known issue. Looks like info he found said using the RUU is the only way to get current??

Did some quick searching and didn't see anything. Trying to get him to sign up here :), but will at least point him to this thread.

Links to thread about this? Or some simple RUU installation instructions for him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. kellyjamesXD

kellyjamesXD New Member

Ive been having the same issue. I havent been able to find anything on the web. (and i dont know what an RUU even is :X ). Has your buddy gotten any resolution to this issue and if so, how can i replicate his success?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

These are the terms of the HTC android ruu

RUU*
  4. kellyjamesXD

kellyjamesXD New Member

so would i be correct in assuming that since windows 8.1 does not recognise my phone in bootloader mode that i am not able to correct this issue?
  5. BRAINZ2013

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. kellyjamesXD

kellyjamesXD New Member

Im using HTC one. My problem is identical to OP. The link you provided with updated drivers did not solve my issue with my computer not recognizing my phone in Fastboot
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. BRAINZ2013

Does the device make a sound when you plug up
  8. BRAINZ2013

9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Co-worker went home and was able to install the ruu. He did say anything about getting it to bootloader mode. I would have assumed he would have mentioned doing that since he is phone illiterate (lol)

I think he is on win 8 also. I will ask him today what he had to do with the ruu he downloaded from htc guru
  10. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for great explanations. One question about what you said about changing just the HBOOT. I'm S-OFF and flashed the HBOOT from the GPE One onto my AT&T One that is still running the stock ROM & original firmware (4.3 & 3.17.502.3). What issues could arise by changing HBOOT w/o the corresponding firmware? Haven't noticed anything yet, other than the inability to flash the 4.4.2 RUU (but I think that may be an issue with the RUU itself & not so much having a different HBOOT). Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?
  11. BRAINZ2013

Nothing yet did u need to update the radios .
  12. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Well-Known Member

Haven't done anything with the radio at all. All firmware is still the same as when I got the phone, except for the dark GPE HBOOT 1.54 (phone came w/ 1.55). Haven't noticed any change in performance since installing the GPE HBOOT.