• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] SU binary won't update??

neexar4

Lurker
Jun 14, 2013
Hi guys,

I have an HTC One X and have rooted it successfully (I checked) with the toolkit that is posted over on XDA. I am trying to install a font, but every time I got into "Custom Android Font Switcher" app, it says "You don't have SU binary".

How can I get this?? The phone came with SuperSU, and I finally got it to prompt me for a SU update when I got this popup: "If you have a custom recovery that can be used to(try to) install the SU binary. This is recomended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" then two selections "normal" and "twrp/cwm".

So, I selected the "twrp/cwm" method since I have TWRP. Then, I connected my phone as a disk drive, and moved the .zip file that I got here onto my device. Then, I booted into recovery, and flashed it. I rebooted my phone, and there was this "updating Android" (or something like that) pop-up. In my SuperSU app, it now does not prompt me for an update, but when I got into the font app, it still says I don't have SU binary. What's wrong?? :(

Edit: If that .zip file that I flashed was the actual program, forgive my thickheadedness, but could someone please point me in the right direction of an update SU binary, please? :p

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

First off, thanks so much for your reply!! :)

Secondly, when I do that, I get the same pop-up "If you have a custom recovery that can be used to(try to) install the SU binary. This is recomended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" then two selections "normal" and "twrp/cwm". However, when I click "twrp/cwm", it doesn't reboot into recovery or anything. And even if I did it manually, which file do I flash?? Do I re-flash the SuperSU.zip? Or was that file I linked in my first post the right one?

Also, what is "mksh"? It keeps coming up asking for permission.

Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones