• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T sucks. Won't allow keeping unlimited data upgrading from iPhone...

I only read the first two posts, so forgive if this was addressed.

They will not allow you to keep the unlimited because it is no longer offered. They are entering you in to a new contract and want everything "current", therefore they are not allowing the old data plan. You could probably just purchase the phone full retail and keep your old data plan -- just switch the SIM card out.

Upvote 0
I only read the first two posts, so forgive if this was addressed.

They will not allow you to keep the unlimited because it is no longer offered. They are entering you in to a new contract and want everything "current", therefore they are not allowing the old data plan. You could probably just purchase the phone full retail and keep your old data plan -- just switch the SIM card out.

You should have read the thread. As long as you are a current smartphone user on a $30 unlimited plan, you can go to any other smartphone and keep the plan.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/atandt-users-can-keep-30-unlimited-data-when-upgrading-phones/

Upvote 0
After battling with AT&T support, the best buy employee was able to keep me on the same plan.

Att store employees suck. Bestbuy rep was awesome.

After 1 month with evo and iPhone 4 since release date, finally ended up with captivate.

Will post my impressions for all.

M

Did Best Buy rip you off of the extra $30 by charging you $229 2year contract pricing, when AT&T offers it for $199?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones