[AT&T] Texts out of orderSupport

1. dportland

dportland Active Member

My texts are completely out of order, ones I just sent today are all grouped together with texts I sent last night, above texts I've recieved from the person. This is obviously really frustrating and annoying. How do I correct this so that the conversation displays in the correct order, rather than being grouped by sent and received messages?

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Don't have mine yet, but look in the messaging apps settings for "conversation mode" and turn it off. I read another thread about emails doing this and they turned it off.
  3. dportland

dportland Active Member

There is nothing about conversation mode in the text settings unfortunately.
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

You are with Sprint, yes? If so, click show:

It's a problem with Sprint service, the towers get the text messaging mixed up. Some say that Go SMS and Handcent help correct the issue. I use Google Voice intergration so that my text messages go through 3G or wifi, instead of the 2G service, and I never have this issue.

If not, can you tell us your carrier?
  5. dportland

dportland Active Member

AT&T. Just changed my settings to use network time thinking that may help but it didn't.
  6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Hmm...have you tried rebooting your phone and perhaps deleting the data on the messager app? Make sure to back up any texts you don't want to delete if you chose to clear data on it.
    dportland likes this.
  7. dportland

dportland Active Member

Fixed, thanks!
  8. datism

datism New Member

Sorry - can you please explain how I could delete message data? I'm having this same issue with my messages being out of order.
  9. datism

datism New Member

Anyone mind shedding some light on this for me please?!
  10. HiyaDJ

HiyaDJ New Member

It has to do with the Time and Date settings.
    SETTINGS
    DATE AND TIME
    *make sure it is test to Automatic date and time not the "Time Zone" setting.