AT&T U-verse App Leaked for Other Carriers

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

We knew it wouldn’t take long. We just reported about AT&T bringing a U-verse app *out for Android, but much to a lot of U-verse customers’ dismay, it is only “officially” available for AT&T customers. Thankfully, the XDA scene is one known to work fast and they’ve already pulled out the .APK and some have [...]

More...

Advertisement
    mich0020 likes this.
  2. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

working on my hero running froyo :)

3. Rambler358

Rambler358 Well-Known Member

XDA rules... :D

4. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

i have a droid X with Verizon and the Uverse app works great on my phone. I downloaded the .apk and installed.:)

5. mrozanski58

mrozanski58 New Member

Works on my Samsung Epic! Wish I could download a show to watch as i have the U-Verse service. Also have about a dozen shows recorded. Can I download them if I am on sprint? Thanks in advance! :)

6. Rambler358

I'm on Sprint and can download shows, but I believe you need the U300 package or higher.

7. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

Just downloaded and installed this app very cool for those who have U-Verse service.

8. Rambler358

Looks like the new version doesn't download shows anymore. I may revert back to the previous version.

9. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

I'm about to try...is this TRUE about the ability to download?? Or are people confused that they MUST subscribe to U300 or higher???

--------
    Edit adding info...

I installed the app without a problem but I'm having trouble downloading content to my phone. I'm adding the following link to a thread that I started in the EVO forum since I do NOT have an AT&T phone and my issue might very well be EVO-specific. I didn't want to multi post here so if anyone would like help with my problem and reply to the EVO topic I just created, please follow this link:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/230697-u-verse-android-not-working-my-evo.html

THANKS!!

10. Rambler358

No, it's true. I have a U450 package, and this latest update removes the ability to download shows to your device. These shows were very limited anyway, but it still was a nice feature that's gone now.

11. scudder

It appears that my EVO problem with authorizing/authenticating the ability to download with my Uverse account was a TEMPORARY system issue. I am not allowed to download and HAVE been able to download from the "library" of programs that Uverse is provided.

So, Rambler358, I am NOT sure why you are having a problem with your version as mine seems to be working ... :confused::confused:

THAT BEING SAID, although I can download the items that UVerse has available in the "library" I am NOT able to download ANY items that are currently saved in my DVR.

Are ANY personal DVR programs available for download?? For certain phones?? For certain Uverse app versions?? Or are we, at the moment, ONLY permitted to download from the UVerse Library??

12. Rambler358

What version number are you running?

13. scudder

I have 1.0. If you need the apk file, send me a message...

14. Rambler358

Yes, version 1.0 works. There's a new update out (v2) that doesn't have the ability to download shows, and that's the version I was referring to.

15. scudder

Aha...I understand now. Well, if you want to downgrade your app version, I can send you the apk file after you uninstall what you have. Let me know...

16. Rambler358

I've already bot both apks, but thanks. I'm just trying to see if you new version offers any other features, but so far I don't think so.

17. STLRacerGirl

STLRacerGirl Member

I too have a Droid X on the Verizon network, but I can't find this app in the app store. What did you find it under?

18. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

You won't be able to find it in the marketplace. You'll have to find the .apk and manually load it on your phone. I did this early on (Droid X) but b/c I don't really watch much TV I lost interest and didn't replace it when I wiped my phone.