[AT&T] Unlocked S3> factory reset> Stuck at samsung screen

Last Updated:

1. zenitram778

zenitram778 New Member

I hope someone can help me. I had my phone my att s3 phone unlocked to use it in T-Mobile. Well after going through I decided to do I factory reset. Now the screen is stuck at the samsung Screen and doesn't move. I did the vol up etc to get into the boot mode.
    This is what it says:

E:failed to mount/data (invalid argument)
    can't mount 'data' (invalid argument)
    E:Can't mount /data/fota/ipth-muc.prop
    E:Can't mount /data/fota/ipth-muc.prop

#MANUAL MODE#
    --Appling Multi CSC...
    Applied the cdc-code :ATT
    Successfully Applied multi-CSC
    can't mount 'data' (invalid argument)

The first time i got to this screen, I just pressed "reboot system now"
    The second time i chose "wipe data/factory reset"

What Can/should I do?

Please remember, this was done by an unlocking company, not myself.

Thank you. I realllllly hope you can help me.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Ask the unlocking company if they'll fix the damage themselves or if they'll pay for Samsung to fix it. Those are their only options.

Then stick to it. If they balk, have an attorney write them a letter explaining liability. It probably won't cost you anything, or it will be a nominal fee, but it will make the company notice the situation. (Assuming they're not in some country where "law" and "yesterday's trash" mean about the same thing.)

If they broke your property (and that's what they did), they bought your property. They're required to exercise ordinary care (meaning do the job correctly the first time, test to make sure they did, do it again if necessary, etc.) or they incur liability for the damage. Every business owner who handles your property, whether it's a Mercedes or your pants, knows this.
    zenitram778 likes this.
  3. zenitram778

zenitram778 New Member

Rubkat,

My thing is, the unlock was working well. But then I decided to do a factory reset to erase all the previous data so i Can use it with T-mobile- Once I did this, that happened and I haven't been able to get it to work since.
  4. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

You can use Odin to flash a stock recovery, I did it the other day