• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Unrooting unlocked LG Optimus G Pro?

Trevor Coats

Lurker
Feb 3, 2015
Please bare with me as I am only 15 and know little to nothing about Android as I have been a Apple user my whole life. For Christmas my parents ordered me a used unlocked AT&T LG Optimus G Pro off of eBay and I am using it with NET10. I really, really want to upgrade it from Jelly bean to Kit Kat or whatever the new operating system is but every time I do it tells me I can't because it has been rooted or something. I have downloaded the app, Super SU which has the option to do a " Full Unroot". If I do this will this fix the problem and let me update my phone without locking it back to AT&T or bricking it? I am really worried about this, and locking my phone back to AT&T. When I first got the phone it would not even give me the option to update since the update comes from AT&T servers so I put an un-registered AT&T sim in my phone temporarily and every since it has gave me the option to update.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones