AT&T version will not updateSupport

Last Updated: 2013-03-28 17:13:23
  1. Peterluquer

Peterluquer New Member

I have tried to update from ICS to JB, but the AT&T update is dead. Absolutely nothing happens when I press the update button. It used to be when I checked it it would search and then typically say "your phone is up to date" or something similar, but it won't do a thing. I have tried re-starting but no dice. Anyone know how to help?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you been hammering the update button of late? I've read in other posts that if you over do the "check for updates" button, AT&T block the feature for a couple of days. It's normally accompanied by an error message though.
  3. Peterluquer

Peterluquer New Member

I confess, I did hammer the hell out of the update button. I waited two days and tried again today, but still no response of any kind.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I think they make you wait a week :(
  5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

it's only 24 hours. Try going to the dialer and doing *#*#checkin#*#* (checkin would be in the numbers that correspond) and see what pops up.
  6. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Yep, the cook and i on the boat both have the hTC one x. He tried updating and it showed the server was busy installation cancelled, try again later.
    He checked again, and got current software up to date, with 24hr countdown timer.
    So i remembered the checkin method. Did it and got checkin succeeded in the notification bar. Soft ware update tried again same countdown timer.
    Then i just saw this about checking in... Weird. Great minds think alike i guess... Lol :p

On mine i check and nothing, it just goes back to being able to press update panel again.
    I tried the check-in method and no dice...
    < #*twiddles thumbs*# >
    :rolleyes:
  7. Peterluquer

Peterluquer New Member

I tried today (after waiting 4 or 5 days) to update, but still no response. I tried the "checkin" method and got a message "checkin successful" but that's it. I'm not too hip on doing a full factory re-set. I have also tried manipulating the date and doing a soft re-set, all to no avail. Thanks all for your thoughts BTW. Any other ideas perhaps?
  8. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

The "checkin successful" part means you've basically done all you can do, unfortunately. now it's just waiting and hoping for the update. Feel free to click the button every 24 hours though/ do the checkin method again