• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T vs. Verizon

AT&T or Verizon

• Total voters

fofjjsr

Jan 7, 2012
ND
I am going to be making the switched from Sprint to a new carrier in less than a month. I am moving and where I am moving too has ZERO Sprint coverage, which honestly I am not to upset about . AT&T and Verizon are the two carriers with the best coverage, and both have 4G in the city I am moving too. I know Verizon is the best, but is there a MAJOR difference in speeds etc. Verizon doesn't really have a phone that stands out to me atm, and AT&T has the One X and quite possibly the S3 before I make the switch. But I don't want to go with AT&T and regret not just going with the BEST service in Verizon. But if the difference is not extreme, then I might be able to live with it, if it means I can get the phone I want.

Zip Code of where I am moving too: 58503

Thanks in Advance.

Well Verizon is pretty much known for having the best reception in the US. I have Verizon and like it. Is there much of a difference between pricing plans between the two?

If you don't need to be able to switch carriers frequently or go overseas (which you couldn't with your Spring phone anyway), I'd say Verizon is a good choice. I love my Galaxy Nexus.

I believe the One X is still locked up in customs. They should give it the clear, but no one knows how long that will take. See here:

Can?t Get A One X Or EVO 4G LTE? Don?t Blame Apple Or HTC - Business Insider

Upvote 0
Im with Verizon only because of their larger network. Since both carriers have 4G in the city your moving to, i cant really give you a suggestion because ive never used ATT.

I would do some research on both carriers in that city before switching.

Heres a thread i found:
Cell Phone Coverage Map in Bismarck, ND - Page 1 of 2 - CellReception.com

From what ive read so far, in Bismarck,ND Verizon > ATT in terms of coverage and not being spotty. But you wont find out what your signal strength/actual coverage is until your actually using your phone.

Upvote 0
Sucks that you'll be locked into tiered data either way. I've used Verizon for 8 years now and have lived in 5 states and traveled across the country. Rarely do I lose a signal. LTE has been solid for me in DC. I hear you on the choice of phones though. I got to see the One X for the first time today and it's a beautiful phone (I assume being on display at BB means it's being sold).
Like others have said, if you do leave the country frequently, I'd go with At&t.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones