AT&T Warning: Motorola Backflip Isn

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

We were always worried about Verizon Wireless suffocating their Android handsets – but they didn’t. Over the weekend it was AT&T’s turn to launch their first ever Android handset, the Motorola Backflip, and customers are starting to complain about the phone being somewhat crippled. That is… AT&T has removed features that SHOULD be available [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

All they would need is spare parts....

3. Tajones99

Tajones99 Active Member

I love my Backflip does wat I want it to do and this my first android phone, and I still use my iphone as well I dont care bout the google search and the untrusted apps like many do, and I took all the motoblur stuff off my desktop I think people are just more made at at&t then the Backflip itself I give the Backfilp a 9 out of 10.

If you love android support android devices cause no matter how you like at it and wat at&t has changed its still an android.

4. chrisoverly

chrisoverly Member

The fact that you had an iPhone says it all, it is also locked-down... it can't even run applications in the background (multi-tasking). The fact that at&t changed it takes away the key point of Android, OPEN DEVELOPMENT! The apps are not necessarily "untrusted", they are just not submitted to the Android Market (such as early private beta releases), this could cause problems with applications since it will be harder to test on the platform.

I support Android, not at&t due to their lack of judgement on many things, such as this stunt.

Chris

5. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

yet again... proof that at&t sucks donkey dick... unbelievable how completely putrid they've become... they are seriously worse than verizon now with their controlling mentality...