[AT&T] Widgets won't work

Last Updated:

1. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

Can somebody please tell me why none of the widgets I bring up to my homescreen won't keep working?
    I'm on a brand new S4 ATT.
    Thank you.

2. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Did you move the apps with the widgets to the sd card? When u move a app 2 sd storage the widgets are no longer available
  3. sleedeane

Nope. I didn't move any apps to or from the card.
    In my immediate case, I want to use the smooth calender app and a BeWeather app.
    Thank you.
  4. SelfElevated2

Not really sure then bud. I dont have much information on what you have on your phone

Are you using tw or a aftermarket launcher (home app)? Some launchers dont let you use certain widgets. Tw should let you use all widgets

Also are you saying when trying to place a widget its just not there to choose from? Or are you actually able to place the widget on the screen but its not working or its not there later. After a reboot maybe
  5. sleedeane

I've been wanting to use Next Launcher.
    But apparently many widgets aren't compatible with Next.
    So I'm sticking with GoLauncherEx.
    Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.
  6. SelfElevated2

Oh so it was a launcher issue then. Had a feeling. As far as launchers go im really big on tsf shell. Ive tried all of the big ones and thats the one I settled with. Next launcher just felt really cartoonish to me and the icons were too big and fat.

But tsf is funny about some widgets too. Made sure no false expectations if you try it
    sleedeane likes this.