• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is it actually fast? Does that plan include minutes as well?
no it doesnt include minutes, but i have the lowest minutes plan for like 39.99 i rarely talk on the phone so it works for me. i end up paying about 75-80 bucks a month with all them taxes and stuff they add on top. the internet is not that fast but when im at home i usually just use the wifi, which is so much faster. i just use the 3g data when im not at home and need to do something online.

Upvote 0
Hey guys i'm new here and I just need to know somethings before I buy the x10.

What kind of plan do you guys have that are on At&t?
Should I stay on Tmobile and just use they're data plan?

From what I know, you will not get a cheaper plan from ATT than what you can get on Tmobile.

You should also consider coverage. Sometimes ATT coverage stinks in certain areas and tmobile will be ok and sometimes its the other way around.

Another consideration is customer service and from what I've read Tmobile definitely wins in this department and I am one that is happy with tmobile service.

Upvote 0
AT&T
You have to get the X10a (I believe this is the rogers version). This X10a will have the 850/1900 3G band. Your plan will be more for the same amount of minutes + unlimited texting ($20), and the Dataplan ($25) but you get roll-over minutes. Advantages of AT&T - some coverage is better (outside of major cities)

T-Mobile
X10i is the phone (uses 1700/2100 band) . I can vouch for this, since its what I use. The 3G is fast (streaming music or youtube). You'll have to get the Android plan (same as a MyTouch). You'll loose 3G if you are in certain areas that aren't close to a major city and in certain deadzones.

If cost is a factor:
AT&T = 900 minutes + talk & Text & Datapro (2gig) = $105 month
T-mobile = 1000 minutes+ Talk & Text + Android = $70 month

Upvote 0
AT&T
You have to get the X10a (I believe this is the rogers version). This X10a will have the 850/1900 3G band. Your plan will be more for the same amount of minutes + unlimited texting ($20), and the Dataplan ($25) but you get roll-over minutes. Advantages of AT&T - some coverage is better (outside of major cities)

T-Mobile
X10i is the phone (uses 1700/2100 band) . I can vouch for this, since its what I use. The 3G is fast (streaming music or youtube). You'll have to get the Android plan (same as a MyTouch). You'll loose 3G if you are in certain areas that aren't close to a major city and in certain deadzones.

If cost is a factor:
AT&T = 900 minutes + talk & Text & Datapro (2gig) = $105 month
T-mobile = 1000 minutes+ Talk & Text + Android = $70 month
actually as long as you dont have a iphone they have a different data plan for you is 30 bucks for unlimited text and data. its only 20 for text and 25 for data if you have an iphone

Reactions: Mxtc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones