At times, can't slide down on screen to answer phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Another Evo issue: at times, when the phone is locked, screen won't accept the slide down (to answer) or up (to decline) ringing phone. Any idea to rectify this? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. kesroesweyth

kesroesweyth Member

I experience the same thing on occasion. I am running Fresh Evo, though. Is your EVO rooted? If so, what ROM are you running?

3. nancyh1990

My evo has not been touched by augmented in any way by anyone. The weird thing is there is no pattern to this except it is more frequent in the afternoon.

4. nancyh1990

Any others having this problem. This is getting to be a royal pain. It seems the screen goes into sleep mode and wont accept the slide down or up to answer the phone. Argh EVO 4G POS.

5. kesroesweyth

kesroesweyth Member

Have you brought it back to the Sprint store to see what they can do with it? A friend of mine was having issues with his and they just gave him a new one.

6. nancyh1990

I tried. But it does not show the symptoms when I was at the store, TWICE. Nevermind that I have the most expensive skin on the phone which will be wasted with a replacement, IF I can duplicate the issue.

7. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Get No Lock, and don't bother with the lock screen at all.

8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I think you might want to take it in to have 'em check it out. My first Evo, it wouldn't update the PRL. I took it in, and when they took it apart, three pieces of loose plastic fell out from behind the mother board. Yea, you never know. It could be something actually wrong with your phone. Just take it in, and you're likely to get a replacement.

9. vardogr

vardogr New Member

I also am having a hard time with the slide to answer when locked feature on my Evo. I slide and slide and miss the call. After reading sever forums with this same issue, i'm doubting it's my phone but the slide feature itself that is the problem.

I would rather not install a 3rd party app to "fix" this. If anyone hears any info on this problem I would love to read about it.

10. Evulution

Evulution Banned

It's an app you have installed causing the problem. Don't know what apps you guys have put on your phone but I suggest uninstalling apps one by one or until the problem goes away or uninstall them all. That doesn't work do a factory reset and watch what apps you install on your phone.

11. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

My phone is not rooted. I've had this problem a couple of times every so often. Not enough to upset me, but it does happen and it shouldn't.