At what point do we all charge our handset

Last Updated:

1. JR866Gooner

JR866Gooner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im New to Android so hello all!

Loving the experience of android and the customisations and widgets/apps are briliant.

I have a general question;
    At what percentage of battery left do you charge your phone? Im getting down to 50% and think maybe I need to charge, but then I could probly squeeze and extra day out of that! so at what point do you do it?

I may think 25% would be ideal but worry I may desperatly need it and it dies!

Advertisement
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I charge mine every night at least. I tend to be a heavy user. For the first two weeks of owning an Android phone, I had to charge it more than once a day. So far, I've gone the past 4 days without needing to charge more than once a day. I think I'm close to finishing customising my phone, so I don't spend hours adding, moving and changing stuff around anymore.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I charge mine throughout the day. I have no need to see how far I can go without a charge when I have easy access to charge it.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Lithium ion batteries prefer being charged frequently, over being ran down and and re charged fully if that's what your asking? Otherwise just use the phone as you see fit and charge when its good for you.

5. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I charge the 3500 ma battery in my Evo when it hits below 80% due to excessive usage. After the first half of the day I let it get to 60% and then feed it for a short session. The 3500ma battery with Sprint's hybrid car/wall charger, charges quickly.

6. mountainboy

mountainboy New Member

lol +1 I am finally down to only having to charge on my lunch break and overnight. It's a sure sign my phone is just about the way I want it to be.

7. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

I charge at every opportunity. Even if the phone is 99% full, I will stick it to my charger.

Its better than sitting inside your pants and microwaving your family jewels gradually.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

No idea. My Droid goes into its dock for charging each night. It's a Li ion battery so it doesn't matter and it's best to keep Li ions topped off. Draining Li ion batteries is not good for them. You might want to read up on Li ion rather than wonder each time you get a new device.

9. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I have several battery packs that I rotate through the week and I recharge when the phone gives me the 15% capacity left warning. I like having a couple packs ready to go and I also invested into another wall charger (Seidio) for the convenience. Hopefully technology will allow for better life in the future.

10. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I charge mine at every chance I get during the day and overnight.