• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aTAKEphONE released

Okay - I feel like an idiot for posting this - but I cannot find:

aTAKEphONE
TAKEphONE
takephone
atakephone

in the Adriod market.

What are you listed under so I can find you in the android market?

s/j

Hi,

Where are you from ?

Under what carrier ?

It should be there under all the search terms you mentioned.

Upvote 0
I am in Turkey - and not using a carrier at the moment - just using it via WiFi. I haven't decided which carrier to use over here. When home (USA) I am on TMobile. I have a MyTouch Slide 3G.

For some reason maybe it isn't available via WiFi? I can and have downloaded alot of other apps while being here.....makes no sense.

Thanks in advance!

s/j

Upvote 0
I am in Turkey - and not using a carrier at the moment - just using it via WiFi. I haven't decided which carrier to use over here. When home (USA) I am on TMobile. I have a MyTouch Slide 3G.

For some reason maybe it isn't available via WiFi? I can and have downloaded alot of other apps while being here.....makes no sense.

Thanks in advance!

s/j

Could be related to it being a paid app ?

Or to that it's on the UK market ?

Upvote 0
I'm not searching at all. If I just try to use the keyboard to enter a phone number, there was a very noticeable lag/delay. I uninstalled the app, had to with only a 24 evaluation window.

Hi,

What I meant was what are your search preferences within aTAKEPhONE.

You can get a 30 days trial at ShSh Software

Thanks

Upvote 0
Whatever the default was, honestly, I didn't give it a thought or set anything up for this. I use Dialer One in a similar fashion and it has no delays or lagging.

I thought the UI was very nice but when it didn't function smoothly, that did it for me. The action and feedback when dialing a number have to be instantaneous, delays and lagging are intolerable. If you are implying the delay/lagging is due to it searching the contact data base, you need to get back to the drawing board. Like I said, the Dialer One works smoothly with no lags doing the exact same thing. Just doesn't look as fancy.

Upvote 0
Whatever the default was, honestly, I didn't give it a thought or set anything up for this. I use Dialer One in a similar fashion and it has no delays or lagging.

I thought the UI was very nice but when it didn't function smoothly, that did it for me. The action and feedback when dialing a number have to be instantaneous, delays and lagging are intolerable. If you are implying the delay/lagging is due to it searching the contact data base, you need to get back to the drawing board. Like I said, the Dialer One works smoothly with no lags doing the exact same thing. Just doesn't look as fancy.

Hi,

If I may bother you some more -

What version were you trying, and when did the lag occur ?

In the last version, aTAKEphONE automatically searched for numbers, too, which might have been the reason for the lag.

Can you retry this for me ?

TIA

Upvote 0
Hi,

If I may bother you some more -

What version were you trying, and when did the lag occur ?

In the last version, aTAKEphONE automatically searched for numbers, too, which might have been the reason for the lag.

Can you retry this for me ?

TIA

I downloaded the update last night and running Launcher Pro Plus. I went to your website and downloaded the 30 day trial. I set the memory usage to the highest setting, I think that may have helped. Thus far, it seems to be a little better.

Is there a way I can set your app to be the default dialer? I don't see any reason to have another icon on my screen when the dialer icon at the bottom left hand corner is already there. Problem is now, when I click it, I get the pop up asking which dialer app I want to use. I hate wasted clicks. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the update last night and running Launcher Pro Plus. I went to your website and downloaded the 30 day trial. I set the memory usage to the highest setting, I think that may have helped. Thus far, it seems to be a little better.

Is there a way I can set your app to be the default dialer? I don't see any reason to have another icon on my screen when the dialer icon at the bottom left hand corner is already there. Problem is now, when I click it, I get the pop up asking which dialer app I want to use. I hate wasted clicks. Thanks.
Well, if you're using LauncherPro, all you need to do is long press the dock icon where you want your dialer to be, Select shortcut> Applications> aTAKEphONE and then select whatever icon you want for it (such as the LauncherPro phone icon). After that, every time you press the phone icon on the dock, aTAKEphONE will be opened by default.

Upvote 0

Thanks for willing to try again.

Let me know how it goes.

Re. LauncherPro - I believe the other user's answer is correct.
Will test.

Upvote 0
I, too, have found this to be very slow. I can type 4-2-6 (for IBM), and glance at the screen and only the 4 is displayed, with the 2 and 6 appearing a second later. That's just not workable.

I'll check it out again when you add the full alpha keyboard. I guess I got spoiled by TakePhone on PalmOS, but I just don't see the current version as adding enough functionality to be worthwhile.

Upvote 0
Hi, liking this app but would prefer a bit more integration of the contacts. i.e. Groups, so I can just pull up say a list of all my friends and decide who I want to ring and talk to. And also is the only way the hide the dialler by dragging it, I find this a bit cumbersome and would prefer say a hide/unhide button like in the stock dialler. There still seems to be some spare space some way of showing say contacts in certain groups in that space (especially with the dialler hidden) would be good. Not sure how you wouold do any of this just putting a few suggestions. Cheers and please keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Your app locked up on me a ton of times today. The worst problem was when I was on a call and another call came in. If I tried to switch calls, it locked up. Even if I ignored the call, when I tried to end the call, it locked up.

I like the concept and look of your app but there must be some incompatibilities with the DroidX and the apps I'm using right now. Or, as I'm starting to think, I may have a bad phone.

Upvote 0
Hi, liking this app but would prefer a bit more integration of the contacts. i.e. Groups, so I can just pull up say a list of all my friends and decide who I want to ring and talk to. And also is the only way the hide the dialler by dragging it, I find this a bit cumbersome and would prefer say a hide/unhide button like in the stock dialler. There still seems to be some spare space some way of showing say contacts in certain groups in that space (especially with the dialler hidden) would be good. Not sure how you wouold do any of this just putting a few suggestions. Cheers and please keep up the good work.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

- Groups - will be adding this later on.
- Hide/show button - will add this - dont know where to put the 'hide' button...
- If I understand what youre asking for - you can configure aTP to show contacts when search is empty (in stead of i-Bar and/or Last call)

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your input.

- Groups - will be adding this later on.
- Hide/show button - will add this - dont know where to put the 'hide' button...
- If I understand what youre asking for - you can configure aTP to show contacts when search is empty (in stead of i-Bar and/or Last call)

Thanks for the quick response....for the last one I was thinking maybe something like another i-Bar above the other one that could be user configured to say 'show all contacts in the friends group', if that makes any sense.

Upvote 0
Your app locked up on me a ton of times today. The worst problem was when I was on a call and another call came in. If I tried to switch calls, it locked up. Even if I ignored the call, when I tried to end the call, it locked up.

I like the concept and look of your app but there must be some incompatibilities with the DroidX and the apps I'm using right now. Or, as I'm starting to think, I may have a bad phone.

Hi,

Were you in aTAKEphONE when the other call came in ?

Or did you see aTAKEphONE in any error message ?

Trying to figure out how is aTAKEphONE related to the lockups.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Were you in aTAKEphONE when the other call came in ?

Or did you see aTAKEphONE in any error message ?

Trying to figure out how is aTAKEphONE related to the lockups.

aTAKEphONE was the dialer I was using making the calls. Something comes up saying a call was coming in, I assumed it was the dialer. Bottom line, I removed your app and Launcher Pro and I haven't had a freeze/lock up on the phone since. I don't have time to debug people's apps for them, I'm just happy the phone is kind of working at this point.

Upvote 0
aTAKEphONE was the dialer I was using making the calls. Something comes up saying a call was coming in, I assumed it was the dialer. Bottom line, I removed your app and Launcher Pro and I haven't had a freeze/lock up on the phone since. I don't have time to debug people's apps for them, I'm just happy the phone is kind of working at this point.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Just released version 1.25 of aTAKEphONE - the Android version of Palms TAKEphONE.

atp_system_wallpaper.gif

This build fixes some issues reported by users.

You can get it at the Android Market, as well as my own website - ShSh Software
(a full featured 30 days free trial)

Thanks !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones