• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

atashi wa Miyuki desu ^.^

Miyuki

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
I just went from a dumb phone with Verizon to an Android phone with Sprint. After so many years with dumb phones the new one almost doesn't seem like it's a phone.

I got the 64G iPod Touch a few months after its introduction, but the way I use it is more like how most people use the iPad ( = not so much for music). I'm planning on getting a iPad 3 when possible In my area wifi isn't at all plentiful and there's no 4G coverage at all. That's what made Sprint's unlimited data attractive to me once I was sure I could handle the payments.

Some things that attracted me to the Android are lower cost of the phone, being able to use SD cards, and being able to load files from the PC without jumping through hoops with iTunes file sharing. I don't mind trying something new either.

I signed up with a VoIP provider so I could do calls on the iPod Touch. I got a different area code and I'm keeping that number. I saw I can get the same app I use on the iPod for VoIP (yay! sugoi!).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones