ATK problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned This Topic's Starter

so I had to reset my phone, not sure why but the touchflow stopped working and I couldnt figure out how to get it back to normal so I just reset the phone

I reinstalled ATK but there is a problem

before I placed the icon on the main screen and when I would press it it would just kill apps automatically but now it opens up the app and I have to select it - what am I doing wrong

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I would advise letting android run without a task killer as it's designed to.

If you still want it, try adding it as a widget instead if as an app.

Seriously though, you don't need it. :)

3. leftkidney

tried to add it as a widget that didnt help - UPDATE: strange after I turned off my phone and turned it back on it now works normally

and seriously I do need this, why should I have anything running that I dont use - I just got this phone (switched from palm pre) and the battery life sucks, I wake up and 2 hours latter it is at like 75% after just messing around for a little

I dont want things running that I dont use, like all the crappy sprint apps and such - but no matter, I was asking why the same app doesent act the same way it did before I reset the phone and reinstalled it, I havent set anything up with it before I just installed it and used it

UPDATE: it started working after a power cycle, strange

4. Kelmar

Well, obviously it's up to you to use it if you please. :) Just remember that you heard it here first! :p

Have you taken care of the 50% TWS bug?

5. leftkidney

50% TWS bug? - time without signal? - it says 0% but I just reset the phone so...

dont know what that is

googled it and came up with not much - mostly about gps

6. Kelmar

Yeah, sorry, time without signal.

After you reboot, let the phone load, throw it into airplane mode, let it sit for a minute and take it out of airplane mode.

Additionally, and possibly more helpful, would be to check the battery use to find WHAT is killing the battery (use the menu or Spare Parts from the market).

7. leftkidney

great nothing downloads anymore

everything I try to download it just says starting download and nothing happens after that

I am on wifi and I have internet

well they say starting download but never complete - however after I reset the phone they are all installed - I waited for it to complete and it never started downloading so I just reset the phone, now they are installed - really strange

8. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Same here!!! Sometimes they are installed - sometimes, not.

9. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

if you have good signal, then try this, uninstall ATK, power cycle afterward, then do the market downloads. see if it hangs and such. i have a feeling ATK is disrupting the market functions.

10. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

What I didn't say - *I* don't have ATK -