• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atom Launcher: Best Launcher I've used by far

RJ Guerra

May 22, 2013
TX
Hey guys, first post noob here. Just wanted to give a heads up about a new launcher that was brought to my attention by the Drippler app. I'm not sure if you've come across it yet but the Atom Launcher is, in my opinion, the best one in regards to looks and functionality.

I tried to attach some screenshots showing an example of the home screen and app drawer as an example but since I am a new user I wasn't able to. I really like the fact they added a quick setting widget to toggle Wifi for us Verizon owners who don't have that luxury from the drop down menu.

I've tried Nova Prime Launcher, Go Launcher, and a couple others I can't remember only to find myself going back with TouchWiz. My main concern was a launcher or theme hogging up a good chunk on the phone's memory causing the fluidity of the operating system to suffer just a bit.

Anyways, if you want to give the Atom Launcher a try and let me know what everyone thinks. I'm hoping I won't have to go back to TouchWiz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-23-10-56-06_resized.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-10-56-06_resized.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_2013-05-23-11-01-05_resized.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-11-01-05_resized.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Thomas S
Just installed Atom One question.. How do I get the icons for settings, calendar, you tube, camera, etc to show up, instead of the Android robot ?
It may be the theme you have selected. Did you import your previous home screen? You can do that by selecting the Menu soft key > Launcher Settings > Advanced > Copy home screen. From there you can change it up however you want.

That should resemble your previous set up and get your icons to show. While you're in the advanced menu it's best to go ahead and click 'Use Badges' to show missed calls and new messages on your new icons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones