1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

aTrackdog reporting app updates not in market?

Last Updated:

1. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded aTrackdog this morning to check it out. It is currently reporting 4 updates for apps I have installed, but when I click on "install from market" it just brings me to the page for that app, and the page says "installed". What gives? Why is it doing that?

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I stopped using atrackdog. I had the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but nothing worked. So I just got rid of it.

3. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

Make sure the update isn't a beta, I think you would have to get that from the developers website.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I think it checks somewhere else other than the market. the developers site or something. Basically there is an update, its just not available on hte market yet.

5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Am I gravedigging here? Sorry if I am.

As far as I understood (from somewhere) is that aTrackDog monitors your apps and not only queries the server for news, but also reports on what you've got -- and if some developer has a "Market+1" version installed and is using aTrackDog, it will report to everyone else that there's a newer version of that app "in the wild" even though you can't download it yet.

6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with aTrackdog reporting updates that didn't show up the Market and uninstalled for that reason. Is it your understanding that aTrackdog also checks applications you downloaded elsewhere for updates? If so, I'm definitely reinstalling.

7. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Well, it certainly nags me to update the Last.fm client, even though I can't get it from the Market (which irks me since I'm a paying Last.fm subscriber; but, thankfully, csmarshal provides off-Market updates), and for some applications it shows not only "Install from Market" but also "Install from developer's web site". But if I were to download something entirely off-Market (say, a custom app from some person's web site), then no I don't think it would be able to track that.

I hope that answers your question?

8. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

It does. Thanks for the information!