• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix 2 4.04 Rooted System ROM too FULL! What do I delete?

zapjb

May 17, 2011
Atrix 2 4.04 Rooted System ROM too FULL! What do I delete?

Forgive me AF'ers. I'm getting older & I forget what I've learned here at AF. It's been close to 2 years that I had my Droid X2, rooted it.
Haven't played with other phones.

So finally got an Atrix 2 & rooted it. Thank God found Boot Menu Manager because ROM Manager wasn't working.

Anyways in Titanium Backup Pro says:
System ROM: 500 MB (7.16 MB free)

Having only 7.16 MB free concerns me greatly. What do I do to gain space? Ideally I like 20% or more free space.

Have 21 GB free on the 32 GB SD card & 4.31 GB free on the 4.88 GB Internal.

Have all the goodies installed afaik (emulator, Root Explorer etc). If you need more info or in another form let me know. Thank you kindly.

This is what I was told at XDA after my additional question.

Me:
So is it ok to have minimal space left or am I just inviting trouble?

Don't know if they want to be mentioned:
No problem at all. It doesn't matter how much of space you Have on System folder. If you wanna make an app as system app by manually moving it to system/app with permissions or if you're gonna flash a zip to add a system app, you'll need more space on system of course. All the downloaded user apps will be in /data. It is no way related to /system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones