• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

instrucrat1

Feb 22, 2011
Hi
Today I got Atrix 4g. I felt phone to be very good. Only problem I am facing is apps which are automatically starting even after killed by task manager. I already disabled data options (background data) still phone keeps starting apps like Vlingo, DLNA, news, social networking, music, maps, files etc. Almost 15 apps are open in every 5 mins.

I was on G1 (1.6) till now and never felt such problems. Is this AT&T or phone itself or 2.2 or motoblur needs some special setting to disable such auto-app start.

Can you please help me stopping auto app start problem? It is eating battery badly....

If this cant be taken care then I guess 3500 MA battery will also useless compare to 1900.........

Please help me..... I really wish that I am doing some mistake.....

There's really nothing you can do that doesn't involve rooting. Android is Linux based and the system intentionally loads all of those apps. However, just because they are loaded, does not mean they are draining battery. Check your battery use statistics to see what app is draining battery. Otherwise, remember that you are an early adopter of dual core technology and battery life might not be as it is cracked up to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones