• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix Battery Life vs. Inspire

leavinghome

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys. First of all, couldn't find a thread about this, so if there is mods can go ahead and close this.

This is mainly for a friend who doesn't do the whole "forums" thing hehe.

I just recently purchased an Inspire, and battery life aside, I absolutely love it. I haven't been able to use the Atrix as of yet, but a close friend of mine is thinking about getting one. Since he knows how the battery life is on the Inspire, he (and I was well) would like to know how the Atrix battery is compared to the Inspire. Personally, with moderate usage, I can get a good 9-10 hrs of the Inspire. Not TOO bad, but I'm not gonna brag about it either lol.

If anyone who has both phones, or maybe knows somebody who's compared the battery lives, can please shed some (unbiased) light on this It would be appreciated :)

The problem with comparing them both for battery life, the Inspire comes with a 1230 battery, the Atrix a 1900 battery.....lol

Like with the Incredible, the Inspire is handicapped out the box for battery life. One might have to get an extended battery as soon as you get the phone.

The newer cpu's dont drain the battery as much as the old ones....and yet HTC puts in a small battery...its like you wont see the benefits of the newer cpu's until you get a bigger battery. 1500 should be the average size phone manufactures use.

Upvote 0
I have the motorola atrix and when i downloaded a battery manager off of the android market, the battery lasted, easily, the whole day with moderate-high use. I love my atrix. I havent seen the battery life on the inspire but my friend has the evo and the battery life is pretty bad so i can only assume that the inspires isnt much better. I would say the battery life is definetly better on the atrix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones