• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Atrix boot problem

jrahnster

Lurker
Mar 9, 2011
first day with the Atrix, set it all up, most times I turn it off and try to turn it on again this red msg from a better place appears:

"ERR hardware/tegra/prebuilt/.......

Failed to set fastboot mode"

have to take out the battery to get it working

(I am hoping I only have to speak to it in German, or something.)

thanks

thanks -- no hacks at all, my first smartphone, though I have computer chops. The issue seems to be, whenever I push the power to turn it off, or if it turns off for any reason, after it is off, sometimes I cannot turn it back on without removing the battery, and some of those times I get his red text msg from Screwtape. The msg seems to say the firmware is fxxd. ?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums by the wy. I'm so bad at saying hi, soory about that.

Did you try a factory reset? Menu --> settings --> privacy --> factory reset

Something may be just going wierd, at least that is what AT&T would have you try 1st. Clear everything off and go back to square one.

If it is 100% stock and not hacked in any way (I asked becasue you posted in the root setcion), and you are still having this problem after the reset, I would have it exchanged for another. Did you buy it directly from AT&T or an AT&T store?

Upvote 0
thanks again, I'll try the reset if the problem persists. It seems to be stabilizing. A lot of things were flaky for the first few hours, then settled down. Who knows.

I wish you the best of luck, I love my Atrix, and hate to see when it does not work the same for others. If you ever get stuck or have a question, always feel free to PM me

Bought from Amazon...someone in this forum advised me to post where I did....

No biggie, just curious, if it was in the wrong section, I would have moved it :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones