1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Atrix Dock Marked down to $199Accessories

1. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member

Just saw this today, and wanted to give everyone a heads up. AT&T has refurbished docks available for $199

Atrix Laptop Dock

Advertisement
    :
    oldmanjenkins likes this.
  2. skifreek

skifreek Member

hmmm .
  3. Eddie Bombay

Eddie Bombay Well-Known Member

Don't think the refurb is worth the risk, would rather pay the extra 100 bucks for a brand new one, that's g2k though for those on a tight budget.
  4. sublime313

sublime313 Active Member

i'd get this if it didn't require the $20/mo tethering plan..

by the way, i'll take a refurb all day for 33% off. refurbs are inspected and brought back to like new condition. the only drawback is shorter warranty, but you can easily 3rd party warranty it for 3 years at a fraction of the cost
  5. robphelan

robphelan Well-Known Member

especially since it's from AT&T itself.
  6. lonegunman

lonegunman Member

So you only get it at $199 if you buy it with something else or can you just get it for that price on its own?
  7. AtrixMan

AtrixMan Member

Hi I live in the UK here our Atrix phones uses the Orange network would the AT&T Laptop dock work OK with our phones?
  8. lonegunman

lonegunman Member

I shall let you know, i have one on order so give it a 10 days or so to get here.
    AtrixMan likes this.
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

A refurb of the dock, which is basically a shell, isnt like getting a refurb PC. I dont do it with PC for myself anymore but I definitely would get this.

This is the price it shoulda been near from the beginning.
  10. John I

John I Well-Known Member

Just a word of caution. Don't buy one of these docks unless you see one in person. And I am not talking about the mock up that they have at Radio Shack.

It is the cheapest thing I have ever seen. An embarrassment to say the least. No way it is worth more than $99.
  11. lonegunman

lonegunman Member

Why is that then?
  12. Tikerz

Tikerz Member

Saw this on another forum.

25% at ATT through this link.

$175.99 - 25% = $132 + tax!

25% off accessories
  13. lonegunman

lonegunman Member

Had mine a few days now and no problems with it.
  14. winces

winces Member

Definitely appealing. Half the price of a Chromebook.
  15. Fountainhead93

Fountainhead93 Active Member

Just got mine this week. I love it. It is what it is, and I'm planning taking it to China next month in lieu of my monstrously heavy corporate laptop.
    I can do docs, move files around, answer corp email (lotus notes ugh), Skype, etc., so that just about covers it. I also like the fact it supports my various USB HDDs I must lug around with my work data.
    All in all it's not a full blown laptop but I think the trade off is OK, and I just like it.
    Long term I'm not sure of it's status but right now I'm in the honeymoon phase.

I've given the purchase a lot of thought and I'm happy with it as is.
    Hoping the "update" that is long overdue will give more functionality.

Speed: As it is now it's fast enough. It's not as fast as a netbook but if I keep in mind it's a phone driving itself and a large screen and managing all the other s**t it works well enough.
  16. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

I agree with Fountainhead. So long as you recognize what you're getting and don't lament what you didn't get, this is a great addition to the Atrix, especially for %175 (the current price at AT&T, refurbed).
  17. RaD2820

RaD2820 Active Member

Ok, for those who have got this deal, How did you get your rebate? Ive been waiting for it in the mail, but now as Ive reread it, it seems that the send you an email (which Ive never gotten). How you'd guys get it?
  18. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

I didn't get a rebate. I used the link that Tikerz posted, then crawled my way to the refurbed lapdock. It actually said that the item I selected wasn't elevible for a discount, and then gave it to me for $175. It was 184 with tax and free two-day shipping.

No rebates. No mail-ins. No anything special but walking thru the purchase process. I'm tempted to just buy 2 or 3 and post them on eBay, 'cause they sell for around $230 there.